Thursday, December 17, 2015

Why I'm On A Makeup Shopping Ban




It's been four months since I've purchased makeup at a physical store. I wanted to write a little about why I decided to go on an extended hiatus from purchasing makeup.

Now for some common questions:

How long is it? I'm hoping to keep it up at least for the next three months. My ideal goal would be till June 2016.

What does it include? This applies to all makeup both in physical stores and online. This does not include subscription boxes, as that is something I've thought about and have decided to keep for now

And now, why did I decide to go on a shopping ban? Mainly a couple of reasons. First, I have way too much makeup! Let me tell you a little story. Back when I got my first job, I wasn't interested in buying shoes or clothes. Makeup was my number one purchase. I went a little crazy in buying palettes and eyeshadows and eyeliners. So I cut back. And during my years in university, I was able to get down to a reasonable makeup budget. But since graduating university, my makeup spending has definitely climbed back up. Not to the same extent, but a little more than I'm comfortable with.

Final Notes: I know some bloggers haven't included necessary repurchases such as eyeliner or mascara, but since I have a good stash, I don't anticipate running out any time soon. Same with foundation, powder, etc. In a couple weeks I'll post a shopping list and talk about makeup items I'm hoping to buy after the ban is over!

Have you even gone on a makeup shopping ban? How did it go? Let me know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Affordable Beauty Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada