Monday, December 28, 2015

Finish Six by Christmas Reveal!




Hello everyone! I hope you had an awesome holiday and enjoyed the break! I know I definitely appreciated being with family and ate way too much food! I am still currently enjoying the Christmas/New Year's holidays, but will resume my regular blogging schedule.

So without further ado, here's how my Finish Six by Christmas challenge went!

Sugar Lip Treatment: Clear (finished!)

Back in November
By Christmas!
Now this may look like an easy balm to finish off, but it certainly lasted a while! I was using this every day the week before Christmas, trying to finish off every little bit! I loved this lip balm's smell, which made it easy to use, and I also applied it nearly every night before bedtime. Overall, I'm proud of myself for using up this balm, has I've had it for a while, and now I can start on another one!

Makeup Forever Lipstick in No. 9
While I really liked the shade of this lipstick, the smell was quite unpleasant. (I can't describe it other than old-ladyish, classic smelling). While I liked the shade, I couldn't stand the smell, and I only ended up wearing it about three times. It's a shame, because this lipstick in quite pretty, and I don't have a shade like this in my collection.



Elizabeth Arden Skin Renewal Serum
I thought this was nearing it's last dredges, but this stuff kept coming and coming! I haven't finished this yet, but I'm okay with that, as I really enjoy how soft this makes my skin feel. I'm looking forward to finishing it up over the next month or so.

Burt's Bees' Super Shiny Lipgloss in Sweet PinkI believe I used this once or twice, but with all the other lip products I was using, this one fell to the wayside. I enjoyed using this lipgloss in the past, but I really don't wear gloss that often anymore, and it's more of a special occasion type thing. Nowadays, I'm more likely to wear a neutral lipstick than a gloss. Plus, I hate the hair getting caught in gloss situation that often happens. I thought this was one of the few glosses that wasn't too sticky, but nevertheless, it was still moderately sticky. I don't think I'll finish this off, as I simply was not drawn to wear it.



NARS Pore Refining Primer (finished!)
I almost forgot about this one! I enjoyed how this primer made my skin feel, and was able to finish this one easily, as it only had one use in it anyway.

Decco perfume sample (finished)
This sample was easily finished off, as I was just able to use it once. I won't repurchase it again, as I simply don't enjoy perfume that much, and no matter how much I appreciate the scent, it becames too strong after a while. I much prefer body sprays that have a pleasant scent and then eventually fade.

So overall, I finished 3 out of the 6 products I started with. Not bad, considering three of them were lip products, which I rarely use! For my first finishing challenge, I'm pretty happy! I'm hoping I'll do as well in my Finish 4 by the 14th challenge!

Were there any products you wanted to finish by Christmas? Let me know in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Affordable Beauty Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada