Thursday, November 19, 2015

Finish 6 By Christmas!


 

In the spirit of using up my makeup, I thought I'd try this bold challenge to finish 6 products by Christmas! I have less than 40 days to go, but I figure I'd try this anyway! And the products I've picked are all sample size, so the odds of finishing this challenge aren't astronomical. :)

Full disclosure here: I have a really hard time using up my makeup. Whenever I use things like skincare or eyeshadow, I tend to only use a much as needed and don't tend to pile product on. I've never finished a lipstick, and hit pan on a handful of eyeshadows. So this challenge is a way for me to use a little bit more, and also enjoy products I haven't used in a long time.


Sugar Lip Treatment - Clear
This lipbalm smells so delicious! It smells exactly like lemonade! That said, I do find that it leaves my lips a little dry after it's worn off, so it's not my favorite. It's also a tad sticky, so I don't think I'll repurchase. I do, however, think I'll be able to finish it before Christmas!


Makeup Forever Lipstick in No. 9
Like many of us, I received this in a sample size during a Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday gift. While I didn't enjoy the Smoky mascara that came with it, I think this shade is pretty, as well as one that I would wear more often, since it's not too bold or bright.

Elizabeth Arden Skin Renewal Serum
I received this in last month's topbox and still haven't finished it yet. I know I'll be able to finish this one!

NARS Pore Refining Primer
I received this sample a way back, and again, I still haven't finished it! Another easy one.


Burt's Bees' Super Shiny Lipgloss in Sweet Pink
I don't wear lipgloss too much because I find they are usually too sticky for my taste. This gloss, however, is quite moisturizing, the glitter isn't super gritty, and does not make my lips sticky at all. I'm don't think I will finish this by Christmas, but we'll see!

And as a bonus, I thought I'd include the Deseo perfume sample for fun. I received it a long time ago, and have almost used it up. This one's just a little extra!

I know this will be a challenge, as I don't wear much more than lipbalm on a regular basis. I wanted to include mostly lip products to get myself a bit more comfortable wearing gloss or lipstick, and because they are way easier to use up than an eyeshadow! While this products may all seem easy to use up, I wanted my first challenge to be somewhat attainable. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Affordable Beauty Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada